Adorama has an exciting new opportunity for a talented technical services expert to lead the development and daily management of a newly branded support and services team geared to the professional customer called Adorama Pro Solutions™. This role is multi-faceted, and is created to significantly grow Adorama’s commercial sales in rental, new and used products.
This role will own the delivery of a “professional services experience” that differentiates Adorama and brings high customer satisfaction and value to professional camera, audio and video customers. During the first 100 days of this role, the objective will be to bring together a small group of internal stakeholders to build the roadmap of APS priorities and KPI’s of success. The Director will uncover opportunities and gaps in current technical services pilot and identify resources and costs needed to execute the ideal APS service team.
Build and integrate a centralized technical support team across ARC and ADR that provides a leading pre-and post-sales support to assist the sales team in accelerating new, rental and used product sales to commercial photography, studio, network, and broadcast customers.
- Own the technical team responsible for providing a new level of technical knowledge to customers that will increase new, rental and used commercial sales growth.
- Hire and strengthen the talent and skills necessary to deliver a leading tech support experience to professional camera, video and audio customers.
- Define a portfolio of product and content knowledge areas that our technical staff will be capable of advising professional customers.
- Build a process map and eco-system to deliver pre-and post -sales support showing how technical support will be requested, dispatched, and monitored, with appropriate performance metrics demonstrating technical support success.
- Build both a “paid” and “free” Adorama training program, offering various product support and integration services for different sized commercial customers based on Adorama sales, and the customer’s revenue size. A paid program will help monetize and fund our technical resource investment, along with building an MDF program from key manufacturers.
- Support the development of the Adorama Professional Solutions™ brand, ensuring the right proposition, value statements, positioning, and hard benefits relevant to professional customers to increase Adorama’s growth in the B2B market.
- Partner with Marketing and Sales teams to build the right brand proposition for APS to roll out in 2017.
- Act as a liaison between marketing and sales teams, and external teams to ensure the APS brand proposition is consistently messaged across all customers.
The ideal candidate will possess the following skills & experience:
- Project Management Capabilities - Communicate initiative plan status, identify roadblocks, assign project milestones, and achieve results.
- Analytical Skills - Track, communicate, and share APS core technical support metrics and KPI’s, and build ROI cases for new people and infrastructure investment.
- Matrix Reporting – Ability to influence others to support and drive key initiatives critical to execute the APS proposition.
- Leadership and Management Skills - 1) help the technical team execute their roles and deliver a premier services experience, 2) strengthen and add talent to the APS organization, and 3) Work with VP, CEO, and Owner to report on progress and gain alignment on important decisions.
- Communication – Ability to present progress in person, blogs, and email to associates and managers across Adorama to gain momentum and support for APS.
- Technical Competency – Understand how solutions proposed for APS will impact various Adorama technologies including, but not limited to AS400, .Net commerce infrastructure, CRM system, BI, etc.